- Animals — These lesson plans encompass amphibians, birds, fish, insects, mammals and reptiles with instruction across multiple disciplines.
- Nature Study — These lessons incorporate multiple subject disciplines as an aid in exploring, discovering, and observing nature.
- Recycling and Conservation — These lessons look at the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Soils — These lesson plans focus on the composition, properties and conservation of this important resource.
- Water — These lessons examine wildlife within aquatic ecosystems.
"Grades 6 - 12 Lesson Plans." New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, n.d. 6 April 2016.