- Create a climate for inquiry
- Support productive discussions
- Encourage students to ask "how do we know what we know?"
- Support students in generating questions
- Plan science investigations with students
- Support students in gathering data
- Help students make sense of data
- Help students review science research critically
Journey North, a global study of wildlife migration and seasonal change, is a free internet-based program presented by Annenberg Learner, a division of the Annenberg Foundation. Journey North engages students and citizen scientists around the globe in tracking wildlife migration and seasonal change. Journey North offers the teacher guide Observe, Describe, Wonder: Building Inquiry Into Instruction. This resource helps teachers to:
This collection of resources provides inspiration and strategies for teachers to support outdoor learning opportunities.